Maximise your team’s output with simple tactics and techniques within the office. The way you manage your team and the space around them can directly affect the productivity in your workplace.
How many times have you experienced people who constantly talk about efficiency and getting certain duties completed, but that seems to be all they do- talk about it with little action. These techniques have been proven and are great ways to not only amplify your company’s work ethic but also simultaneously increase morale.
It might seem like an obvious action and that’s because it is; yet we seem to overlook the importance of this aspect. Getting organised doesn’t just mean setting our calendar.
· Separate your papers and integral documents into folders and relevant sections making it easier to instantly put your hands on anything you need.
· Post-it notes, simple but effective. Despite all the technology in the world these visual sticky labels can be life-savers. Set reminders and stick them on your screen. It’s also a great way to pass on a message when someone’s absent or away from his or her desk. This way it cannot be forgotten.
· A tidy desk can aid preparation and prevent us from losing a lot of work or feeling like we are completely swarmed.
Get your hands on everything you need to make your office a work environment by simply using our Staples discount codes. Get post-it notes, folders, labels and other essential stationary.
Repetitive tasks can be tedious and this will impact the quality of work. It could be worth setting time limits for different projects and then switching them up to keep it fresh.
· Set aims for the day, this will include a target and a time-limit.
· When possible make it a goal for more than one or two duties to be carried out, change keeps the mind active and this can directly improve the end result.
· By setting a limit on each task means that you’re being more mindful and not procrastinating over projects. Subsequently it will involve sitting down and working out a realistic goal for each task to be completed.
Believe it or not, the key to a high workrate in an office isn’t about a complete emphasis on work itself. You’ll need to make the environment fun too. Keep the energy high and also speed up tasks with new processes.
· Feng-Shui- Harmonising the ambience can make a huge difference, research has shown that even the colours of the wall can change working attitudes. Vibrant colours increase our energy.
· Team Space- Designate specific team areas where casual meetings or ideas can be conducted. Make sure it’s identified with teamwork and have tools to help you do your job. Get a whiteboard and a big screen to aid your task.
· Breaks- Offer regular breaks especially if it’s a job that involves a lot of sitting and looking at screens. It’s not always a bad thing to allow a little walk around the office or coffee break.
· Equipment- Ensure you have the best items for the job. Don’t be a fossil, so many stubborn bosses or workers are reluctant to use new devices. Tablets can ensure the whole taskforce are in sync and it could speed up the entire protocol.
This element of increasing efficiency is more complex than you’d expect but it can most certainly help your team. Use our Viking Direct promotional codes for your whiteboard and start stocking up your friendly surroundings with plants, pictures and more with the help of Amazon promo codes.
Sufficiently planning is something that no business gets too big for. It’s the start of all goals, achievements and marketing.
· There should be different types of planning, some for the business, some for the team, others for individuals.
· Call it planning or setting aims, you may wish to set expected achievements for the year, month, or even week.
· Don’t go into anything blindly, do your research and sit down with the relevant people.
Eliminate Hindering Tasks
Eradicate any plans or tasks that aren’t helping with progression.
· Don’t commit to duties that won’t help you on your way, this is just eating up into your time.
· Get rid off unnecessary tasks, some people are under the impression that by having regular meetings you are moving forward. This isn’t always true, if you don’t feel they are beneficial then cance them from your calendar. Have them less regular and take up that time with more important work.
Start putting these steps into practice and watch your office’s morale rise alongside their work productivity. Many of the hacks are so simple but are deemed to be effective, find the right balance for your workplace.
By Daniel Treasure, 8th September.