We have checked and been promised that summer is on its way even if its appearance in the UK is rather late this year. It’s guaranteed to show its face eventually, likely on your summer holidays. So our bargain hunters have been out again. Not just looking for the biggest deals on swimwear, either. But also, for the best shapes and sizes.
This year we want you to find the best bargain on summer bikinis with the Debenham's 70% off Blue Cross Sale, but also make sure that your favourite swimwear is the best for your body type.
We suggest checking out this handy body shape quiz if you don’t know your type and then let us lead you by your sun-kissed hand to the perfect swimwear for the summer
Swimwear for Pear Shape and Big Bums.
Your body shape is curvy at the hips with a narrower top half and petite shoulders. A pear shape doesn’t mean you have a big bottom, but our tips are for both the body type and the specific body parts. You need to be drawing attention away from your lower half to equal out your proportions in your swimwear.
- Choose bikini bottoms with a plain colour and a higher leg line to draw attention upwards.
- Look for plunging necklines and an A line from your feminine collar bone down to your waist.
- Mix and match hot fruit prints and polka dot styles with plain full coloured bikini bottoms to balance your curves.
Why not look to trying this bandeau style one piece? The high cut in the leg is flattering for bigger bottoms and the top half design draws the eyes to your top half.
Apple Shape and Covered Tums Swimwear
Apple shaped figures tend to have larger busts and rounded tummies. The aim of the game is to show off those great legs in the perfect swimwear. Trying to find a swimsuit that accentuates that great cleavage but covers your tummy can be challenge. Your top tips are to aim for high cut bikini bottoms or swimwear. Accentuate your lean legs and don’t worry so much about the bust – it probably doesn’t go unnoticed
- High cut legs in your swimwear.
- Try dark solid colours to balance your curves all over. Match it with a cool bright designed top to show off your bust.
- Ruching and wraps in your swimwear are a great way to cover stomachs.
- Why not try a tankini to cover potential muffin top and create that silhouette body shape?
- Buy bottoms in a size up to avoid muffin tops or go for super stretchy material to flatten problem areas.
Athletic and Boyish Figures
Your body is slim and petite; its well-proportioned and balanced, but it may just lack a few curves to the eye. Toned and tanned is all well and good but we want you to show off that physique. Top tip is do not go for the boyish or athletic styles. You need to create some curves. Create an illusion of curves with girly prints and cuts
- Try a one piece with side panels and cut out sections to fake the curves.
- Lots of floral prints and designs to draw the eye to your natural curves.
- Ribbed or seersucker is going to be hot this summer and a great way to create curves.
- Horizontal designs work best as they create visual curves.
Perfect Swimwear for Small Busts
Love or hate your small bust it has its advantages. You get to take advantage of nearly all swimwear bikini types and of the smallest variety. Giving you the biggest and most even tan. Whether you are looking to accentuate what you have or just rock a great look we have some great advice. You can save even more with our Debenhams promo codes as you can take advantage of buying separates and get an extra 10% off.
- Shop patterns, bows, embellishments and frills – all hot this year.
- Aim for halter neck type styles if you wish to create a full bust and create a triangle look.
- Go all out and have a bandeau style top and really show off that lean physique with a matching top and bottom. In a bright style you can create an hourglass style.
- All the bigger busted girls will be jealous that you can pull off these Bardot, frilly sleeves swimwear.
Hour Glass, Curves and Big Busts
The classic Marilyn Munroe style hour glass figure. You have fuller hips and bust, and you may be looking to even reign it in a little with your swimwear choices. You are blessed with an eye watering cleavage, but it demands support and a bit more fabric. Your trick is to colour block and create an asymmetrical shape to draw the eyeline. Not as complicated as you think, you want a cut and design that draws the eye straight to the middle.
- Try off the shoulder bikinis and cut out swimwear that accentuate your curves.
- Be brave and go with a full bikini, give your bust great support and cleavage and show off those curves.
- We advise avoiding string bikinis and monokininis if you don’t want to draw to much attention.
- You can however take advantage of this season swimwear styles with belted bikini bottoms to accentuate the curves and your smaller waist.
- Be bold with cheeky designs and big logo swimwear.
Confidence comes with 25% off in the Debenhams sale and Your Swimwear
Whatever the weather and whatever your body type what is most important is that you feel good in your swimwear. Looking your best will always be feeling your best, so if you really prefer a boyish short on your boyish figure go for it. If actually you don’t care that you shouldn’t wear patterned bottoms then don’t. The summer is coming, and we want you to look totally fabulous, feel a million dollars but not spend a penny more than you need to.
From the Bargain Hunters at My Favourite Voucher Codes we wish you bon voyage, happy holidays and lots and lots of fun in your swimwear.
Posted By: Tegan Groombridge – 2nd May 2018