At Mountain Warehouse, Blacks and Outdoor Gear you can maximise your hiking experience with amazing equipment and clothing. Hiking can be one of the most pleasurable and rewarding pastimes or hobbies. Walking for miles whilst taking in stunning scenery on your way to your ‘summit’ is a beautiful feeling. However, it is less enjoyable without knowledge of the right spots to hike and without the proper equipment.
Here are five UK hiking hotspots, plus a guide to what you need to bring to enhance the experience.
1. The Lake District. One of the most beautiful and scenic parts of the UK, the Lake District has many hiking hotspots, but we suggest The Coniston Round. This beautiful spot is filled with wonderful views of the surrounding area and lasts for 14 miles.
2. Peak District. Like all locations on the list, another beautiful part of the UK. The Peak District has a mystical feel to it and makes you appreciate the beauty around you. Try the Edale Skyline route which is 22 miles and allows you to visit Win Hill, Brown Knoll and Rushup Edge. A hikers dream.
3. Snowdonia. One of the most pleasurable hikes in the UK is Bochlwyd Horseshoe in Snowdonia. This route is four miles long and involves a scramble to the summit of Glyder Fach.
4. Scottish Highlands. A must for any hike-lover. The Scottish Highlands is filled with beauty and the added bonus of amazing hiking routes. Try the underrated Ben Lui, which is 11 miles long and absolutely stunning.
5. Dorset. Down south in the cosy county of Dorset is the superb route between Weymouth and Swanage. 27 miles of coastline for you to travel along, taking in the beauty of this historic county.
What Equipment do You Need for Hiking?
For any hike there is vital equipment that you need and clothing to wear. To start, the right footwear is essential to any hike. Trainers or your average boots will not suffice when you are crossing tricky, and sometimes wet, terrain. Explore a variety of hiking boots available from Mountain Warehouse and make great savings with the latest discount vouchers we have sourced. Secondly is your clothing. Warm and waterproof clothing in crucial for any hike. Even if the hike begins in warm conditions, the weather can quickly turn and if you are not prepared for it, it will ruin your hiking experience. Discover great fleeces and waterproof jackets and trousers available at Blacks. They have a huge range of fleeces and we always have a 10% off code. Finally, a good quality rucksack. This is where you can store those warm and waterproof clothing, but also your food, drink, maps, torches, camera, etc. Find great rucksacks at Outdoor Gear at amazing value.
By Daniel Treasure