Without a doubt, the key to a quick and successful house sale is to make the place look its best, so it appeals to potential buyers.
Wonder where to start enhancing your house interior? Worry not, we’re here to help! Ever heard of home staging?
It’s a technique with a specific aim to showcase your home’s most impressive assets and entice buyers to visualise the house as their own. Home staging includes mainly decluttering and rearranging the entire place in order to set a warm and welcoming home environment. It takes some effort, time, and resources to transform the house alongside the outdoor areas, so you make a great deal of it in no time.
A cosy, simple, and inviting home vibe is your goal!
Of course, there are some specifics to learn about before you start, so you get desired results in the end, says UK home buyer Paul Gibbes. Stay true to your own style, yet still impress potential buyers, following our creative tips on house decor to attract the widest possible market.
The more stuff you rubbish, the less you have hanging around the house, the more space there is. And space is what sells. Pack and get out of the house all unnecessary belongings, including:
- Broken items
- Unseasonal clothes
- Souvenirs and decorative items - less is more! Keep it minimal and elegant.
- Books and magazines
- Games and toys
Just tidy up and organise all rooms and areas to give them a fresh and charming look.
Buyers need to picture themselves living in the house before they want to buy it. So, make sure to provide a home setting, so they can do that. What exactly do we mean? Remove all personal items.
Collect all photos and awards and store them in albums somewhere. Try to also keep out of sight clothes, accessories, cosmetics, toothbrushes, etc. This helps a buyer feel better connected to the place.
Focus on Furniture
- Think of suitable ways to rearrange or upcycle your furniture, so your rooms look spacious, homey, and with smooth flow traffic.
- Put all extraneous furniture, including damaged pieces, or oversized ones in storage.
- Put away furniture that doesn’t match the vibe of the room, too.
- Arrange the rest in a way to create a cosy conversation area, while still leave enough space to move easily around the room.
- Try to keep a balance between furniture items when it comes to height, width, and weight.
A nice, large, and easy no navigate space helps buyers envision their own furniture in each room.
When you put thought into discounted home accessories, textures, and some pop of colour, you entice buyers to associate the house with a cosy home and lifestyle, which easily impress.
And there’s no need to spend much to achieve that thanks to some inexpensive tricks:
- Throw some nice cushions on the sofa and the bed.
- Create a centrepiece for the dining table.
- Arrange towels in a neat and elegant manner.
- Strategically place decorative elements like a piece of artwork or another bright coloured embellishing piece in particular areas you want to show off. This way you catch the eye of the buyers and draw their attention to these areas.
- Place blankets and rugs in the living room and the bedroom to add charm and warmth.
Keep in mind to not overdo! Think uncluttered, colour-coordinated, stylish.
Add Fresh Flowers & Plants
- Bring life and energy to the house with some lovely, healthy, antianxiety greenery.
- Decorate the coffee table with a nice bouquet of fresh and bright flowers placed in a beautiful vase.
- Add a modern look to the bathroom with succulents plants.
- Bring larger indoor plants for an eco-friendly garden, as they instantly revive every space and create a delightful ambience. Do check some garden discounts.
- Make sure that the containers of the plants are clean and elegant and match the rest of the set-out.
Add Pleasant Scent
Another way to ensure freshness in the entire house is to
- Get rid of odours and spread a nice aroma.
- To eliminate bad smells, clean the house and clear out all trash bins. And to elevate your buyers’ mood when they walk in, fragrance your home.
- Choose a light and fresh scent to stimulate positive feelings.
Great options are pine, citrus, vanilla, or cinnamon fragranced candles, comments Maria Kozze from removalist Strong Move. Not only do they spread a delightful scent throughout the house, but they add a cosy and sophisticated flair, too.
Take Care of the Exterior
The outdoor areas of the property are just as important to attract potential buyers as the interior of the house. So making sure that the exterior is neat and tidy is necessary.
- Sweep the doorstep and porch and a new and clean doormat.
- Trim any hedges or lawns.
- Decorate your outdoor table with a neat tablecloth and the chairs with cushions for a tasteful element of your backyard.
With a nice-looking outdoors, your buyers create a good first impression from the beginning, which is promising for their overall opinion of the house.
The house decor is crucial for a successful house sale. So, follow our simple yet helpful tips to transform your property into a dream house for potential buyers.