It’s that time again – pudding season! And what better way than to prepare using a few Waitrose, Sainsbury's and Tesco voucher codes? My favourite of all the autumnal puddings is the classic treacle sponge but don’t be fooled into thinking that this will involve hours of steaming on a stove, or a rubbery microwaved version. You can make an easy tasty version by following these simple steps…
3 large free range eggs
Our Waitrose discount codes can get you access to some of the best quality ingredients – just use Waitrose voucher codes to claim £10 off your first order when you spend £80 or more.
Weigh the eggs in their shells then measure out the same weight in
- self-raising flour (sieved)
- unsalted butter (room temperature)
- caster sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Half a standard tin of golden syrup
Using Sainsbury's promo codes is a great way to buy the best quality brands at a more reasonable price – if you haven’t used Sainsbury's voucher codes before then get £15 off your first shop with a £60 minimum spend.
What to do
1) Heat your oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2) Butter a baking or casserole dish and put on one side.
3) Place the butter and sugar and bowl and then beat together until light and fluffy, or use an electric mixer.
4) Add the eggs one at a time, each with a tablespoon of flour then mix.
5) Add the vanilla extract before folding in the flour and salt until you have a smooth sponge mix.
6) Pour the syrup into the bottom of the baking dish then spoon the sponge mix on top.
7) Cook in the oven for approximately 35 minutes, or until browned on top and a skewer comes out clean.
8) Serve with custard or vanilla ice cream.
Not only can Tesco save you money on your groceries but they could also get you money off a large range of household items. Cut down that baking time by searching for electric mixers using Tesco discount codes, or just click on our Tesco voucher codes to save £15 on your first order when you spend £60 or more.
Pudding season needs planning, but by using Waitrose, Sainsbury's and Tesco voucher codes, you can get stocked up on those autumn larder essentials with minimum fuss, as well as saving a few quid in the process.
By Anna Scott, 26th September 2014