As the post-holiday blues start to dawn on you, it’s time to search for exciting city breaks that you can look forward to. Whether you want to evade the winter ‘doom and gloom’ as soon as possible or start booking your getaway for later in 2017, there are options for both.
After an enjoyable Christmas and New Year, it’s usually around this time that many of us have reality slap us in the face, back to work, cold mornings and dark evenings, but it’s not all bad! There are the January sales, and that includes offers for a visit abroad. My Favourite Voucher Codes has compiled some of the best city holidays and breakdown why they are must-see towns.
It is a location that’s been experiencing an increase in tourist popularity for some time, and for good reason, it is known for holding good value with a balance of plenty to do. With many UK visitors capitalising on the cheap beer and what’s been a strong exchange on the pound (in recent years) it has made it the place to be. It was even voted the cheapest holiday by the Post Office, highlighting the low prices in Budapest. It’s not just popular because of the price though- begin to venture around this beautiful city and enjoy all its worth with the Buda castle, scenic sights and heart cuisine. It’s perfect the family and offers plenty for couples too, find out how you could potentially save up to £400 on a family getaway with Thomas Cook voucher codes,
What to do?
- Travel up to the top of the city for the Buda Castle
- View the momentous Gothic Parliament building and all of the beauty that surrounds it
- Visit the famous Danube River and the Hot Springs
A city that is famous for coffee shops and brownies, but there’s so much more to this beautiful city. The deep-seeded culture is infectious, with some scenic sights and a vibrant atmosphere, it makes for the perfect place to walk or cycle around. Like London, there are bikes to hire on your arrival, jump on the eco-friendly bikes and make your journey more enjoyable. There's a huge list of museums, monumental buildings and more, some more infamous than others.
What to do?
- Take a look at the different museums including the Sex Museum, Hemp Museum and the Van Gough Museum
- The Anne Frank House is an intriguing house with obvious history, allowing you to get a perspective that can only be grasped in the Dutch house itself
- Enjoy their canals, bridges and other urban views in the town for less with Lastminute.com saving you 40% on hotels
One of the many romantic European cities and it’s not short of things to do. If you want a holiday to embrace for 2017, then the second city of Spain is the place to go. Recognised for their famous football team, they have something for everyone, with distinctive architecture and Spanish heritage there’s many options for a day out. You will also be able to enjoy their tapas, music and illuminating culture as a whole.
What to do?
- You can’t go to Barcelona without visiting the team’s historic Nou Camp
- Take a trip on the topless bus for a tour of the city
- Visit the Aquarium
- Take a boat trip for the day
There’s no better way to start this year than to act on these top three great value getaways. Make the most of these Cities and their tradition with the opportunity to utilise some incredible January offers such as 40% off with the likes of Expedia, choose from over 80,000. You can also look to our money saving tips for later in the year with top ways to save money on a cheap summer holiday.