With the brexit and the subsequent decrease of the pound, it means that many holidaymakers will be embracing British landscapes.
That’s not a worry as the UK has an endless selection of beautiful destinations, many that go undiscovered. But if you are looking to start camping and are unsure where to begin- be sure to follow our tips. Newcomers to camping often skip steps or try to take shortcuts, whether that’s buying cheaper items or not buying them at all.
It’s worth mentioning that although camping doesn’t have to cost a fortune and it most definitely can be done on a budget it’s sometimes worth paying that little extra for durable quality.
So what five items should all newcomers purchase and also take extra time when doing so?
Research your destination before booking. Be sure to check that you like the look of the surroundings and that there is plenty to do. Great places to camp are Snowdon in Wales, Shropshire, Cornwall and there’s unlimited options in Scotland. Have a look around to find somewhere that’s perfect for you and your family.
· Checking the facility is important- have they got a toilet and a shower?
· What have past reviewers said about it?
· Are there shops nearby? If not then you will know whether to reconsider or just ensure that you have all the food you need.
An obvious one but how often do people buy the first thing they see because of its price? Some even try to fit four people into a two-man tent. What should you look out for?
· If it says two-man tent then this is appropriate for two people, not four! In-fact it could be cosy for just two.
· Read reviews online, you don’t want it to leak, rip or blow away.
· Set it up in your back garden- this tip is usually overlooked. You want to test it out and go through the setting up protocol.
· Is it a one-off camp? Or are you planning on going again- if so it might be worth paying a little extra and buying something reliable.
Find durable camping abodes with our Millets discount codes- they have huge choice and will have something for every budget.
Don’t underestimate the importance of sleep during your trip, you don’t want to be uncomfortable during the night and lack energy the next day. Use Argos promotional codes to get your hands on the perfect sleeping bag, airbed and pillows. Try and aim for 200GSM and more, it’s the sleeping bag’s version of TOG. You want to be sure you are warm in the night so this is the way to be sure.
· Get a warm and comfortable sleeping bag.
· Use an airbed or camping bed, don’t sleep in just a blanket.
· Don’t pitch on a hill and the sleep at the top, you will find yourself at the bottom of it during the night.
Look for torches, camping lamps and more. You may want to check if camp fires are permitted at your camp site too. If not, it isn’t the end of the world but it will be harder to get warm and your group may lack the ability to see one another as the sun goes down.
· Find a camp lights that can stand up on their own with a base or are easy to hang on the tent.
· Try your torches out before leaving and do this in the pitch black.
· Give everybody in the tent access to a torch in case they need to get up in the night for the toilet.
You’ll find a variety of lights and torches at B&Q, Wickes and other retailers. Try our B&Q promo codes to see if you are entitled to money off on torches, lights and more.
Despite being in the wilderness you will be more than capable of cooking. There’s nothing better than the smell of freshly cooked food when you are out absorbing all of nature’s gifts. Warm you and your camp up with your favourite food. You can get a stove, a barbecue and other essentials. Don’t forget your cultlery, bowls, cups and everything else you need.
· Never cook inside your tent, in-fact don’t put any heating device in their either as this could create carbon monoxide.
· Check you have everything, if you need a spatula then pack it! It is easy to forget the little fundamentals.
· Buy your food at home in the weeks building up, this way you’ll be organised and you will also save money too.
There are so many aspects of camp preparation but it’s all part of the fun. You can’t go wrong if you stick to these tips and if you want to get your hands on a stove, warm clothing, camp chairs and more then the best haven for these items is Go Outdoors. Check out our unrivalled Go Outdoors promo codes today to find out how much you could save.
By Daniel Treasure, 29th July 2016