This February we have some incredible charities taking part in the My Favourite Voucher Codes charity poll, including the cancer counselling charity We Hear You (WHY). They provide emotional support and counselling for patients, their loved ones and families, and anyone who has been affected by cancer. Find out all about their services below and help We Hear You to win a donation by voting for them in our February charity poll.
What Do We Hear You Do?
We Hear You provide a counselling and emotional support service to people across the South West of England who have been affected by cancer. This can include patients themselves at any stage during their cancer diagnosis and treatment, families who are struggling with the emotional toll of a loved ones diagnosis or the bereaved loved ones of those who have passed from cancer.
What Services do WHY Offer?
The psychological and emotional impact of a cancer diagnosis can be incredibly challenging and complex to cope with, and that's why WHY offers a range of support services for people affected by cancer.
Some of their services include:
- Adult counselling - A weekly one-to-one service that can be in person (in the areas they serve), online or by phone. Counselling services are available in English and Polish.
- WHYTogether - A joint counselling service for couples, families or friends to attend together.
- Support for young people and children - In person one-to-one counselling for children and young people. Also available over Zoom for over 12 year olds.
- WHYbeoutdoors - A 6 week course taking place near Frome. A small group participates in activities to get closer to nature.
- Art and drama therapy - One-to-one creative therapy or art therapy sessions for all ages which takes place in Frome..
- WHYbemindful - an 8 week mindfulness course to share experiences, learn and practice mindfulness.
Their adult counselling sessions are available in Bath, Chippenham, Bradford-on Avon, , Devizes, Midsomer Norton, Frome, Salisbury, Street, Swindon, Trowbridge and Yeovil. Sessions for children and young people are available in Bath, Frome,Trowbridge, Street and Yeovil.
How Can I Support We Hear You?
This month, you can support WHY for free by voting for them in our charity poll! Head over to the My Favourite Voucher Codes homepage to cast your vote today.
You can also get involved through fundraising events, sending them a donation or even becoming a WHY volunteer.
How Can I Find Out More?
You can visit the We Hear You website and find out more about their cancer support services as well as how you can give your support.
If you want to help WHY win a donation of 20% of our profits this month, make sure to cast your vote and share the poll with friends and family. With this donation, they can provide emotional support to people affected by cancer.
You can vote for WHY in our February charity poll between 1st February 2024 and 29th February 2024.