Amina Muslim Women’s Resource Centre is a Scottish charity who work to empower Muslim and BME women, helping break down barriers and provide resources they need to live the life they want. This February, you can help Amina accomplish their goals by voting for them in the My Favourite Voucher Codes charity poll! Find out more about this amazing cause below and see how you can help today.
What Does Amina Do?
Amina provides support and resources for Muslim and BME women in Scotland. BME (Black and Minority Ethnic) and Muslim women face many barriers in society, from healthcare to housing, making them one of the most disadvantaged groups in the UK. Amina operates as an intersectional charity, acknowledging that many Muslim and BME women are discriminated against on multiple levels including ethnicity, gender and religion. They seek to provide help, advice and support to enable Muslim and BME women to access opportunities and live the life they deserve.
Amina advocates for women and provides support on a variety of topics including immigration law, domestic violence and employment and learning. You can call their helpline number: 0808 801 0301 for the following services:
- Helpline: The Amina helpline provides support and advocacy for any Muslim or BME women in Scotland that needs help. - 10am-4pm Monday to Friday.
- Telephone Befriending: For those experiencing loneliness or who need a listening ear, the befriending service can help. - 10am-4pm Monday to Friday. Referral form available here.
- Immigration Law Clinic: Legal advice and help for immigration or visa issues. - Last Wednesday of each month 1pm - 4pm.
- Specialist Clinics: Advice on rights for Islamic women by Alima. - Tuesdays 10am - 2pm.
They also provide:
- Sahara Scotland Casework Service: Amina provides one to one support for experiencing domestic abuse or those at risk, women with mental health struggles and women with an insecure immigration status. Referral form available here.
They also run and take part in a number of campaigns such as the Hate Crime Awareness Week as well as running training events for a number of organisations.
Find out More about Amina
If you want to know more about this incredible charity or or wish to access their resources and support services, then you can head over to their website.
How You Can Help Amina for Free this February
Amina are always in need of volunteers and donations to help them continue the important work they do for women in need.
Of course the best way you can support this charity in February 2024 is by voting for them in the My Favourite Voucher Codes charity poll.
Get involved and head over to our homepage to vote for Amina and help women in Scotland who are facing discrimination and societal barriers due to their gender. Ethnicity and religion.
Please note that the February poll will be open from February 1st 2024 - February 29th 2024.