Top Money Saving Tips when Travelling with DFDS
With our DFDS special offers, you could also save money on mini cruises as well as package holidays. And if you like to travel in luxury, then you can take advantage of the great savings for on board extras. These include access to the premium lounge, priority boarding and cabin upgrades. And all these things make for an even more relaxing journey. Once you’ve got an idea of where you want to holiday in Europe and how much you want to spend, our DFDS special offers can help you further reduce your holiday costs. But how do you know you’re getting the best deal on your passage? There are so many ways to save on their site, and here’s just a small selection of tips to explore before you make your final booking…
- Whether you’re travelling to France or Holland, please make sure you use one of our DFDS promotional codes to see their latest offers. This ensures you won’t be missing out on a cheaper price before you finalise your booking. Examples of deals include 1-day returns to Calais or Dunkirk from just £45, special prices on multi-trip tickets and 15% off Newcastle to Amsterdam crossings.
- Be smart and book as far in advance as you can, as the longer you book ahead the cheaper the rates. This isn’t any sort of DFDS discount, but rather you being a little bit smarter when booking your fare. For example, cheaper prices can be found when you travel on weekdays, not in school holidays and when you book as far in advance as possible. And if you travel in the afternoon or overnight, the price could come down even more. But don’t forget to check our page for regularly updated deals - whatever lower fares you find by being a bit more flexible, it’s possible there’s a DFDS discount code that could get you more money off.
- If it’s a short holiday you’re planning, you can also use DFDS offer codes to access their many short break deals and mini cruise packages. This can get you a great deal on trips to Europe and they sometimes include hotel accommodation as well.
- Save money on meals by pre-booking them when you buy your ticket. If you know you’ll be dining on-board, you can save a huge amount of money before you even set off. A 30% saving, in fact!
- Getting the best value isn’t just about saving money directly. You can squeeze every last bit of value from your ferry crossing by collecting Nectar points on your DFDS booking too. And these Nectar points can be used to save on future trips as well as your weekly shop at Sainsburys
- And last but not least, whether you’ve travelled with DFDS before or not, please make sure you sign up for their newsletter. We always post the latest offers on our DFDS discount codes page, but receiving their emails ensures you won’t ever miss out.
Discounted Ferry Trips to Holland and France
You can take your car or camper van and save money on a choice of three France crossings: Dover to Calais, Dover to Dunkirk or Newhaven to Dieppe. For those who reside in the North East, getting to the Netherlands by way of ferry is a very convenient option with their Newcastle to Ijmuiden route. Or if you’d like to travel to Belgium, then their Dover to Dunkirk route takes you just a short car ride from the border. We regularly source secret codes and money saving tips for all these ferry crossings, so be sure to check in with us to get great savings on your bookings. As well as ferry crossings, you can book further adventures with them such as a Gourmet Mini Cruise to Amsterdam, additional on-board meals and short winter breaks. When you book their mini-cruises you have the option of booking just the travel, the cruise and a hotel too, or even going on a themed cruise. And if you want to plan your whole family holiday, see if we are able to help you save on trips to Disneyland Paris and Center Parcs Europe.
Popular Q&A About DFDS
Need more information on how to get the best deals when travelling with DFDS? Then below is some of the popular questions asked by our users before booking their ferry crossings:
Is There a DFDS New Customer Discount?
There are plenty of DFDS discounts for first time customers to enjoy here. You could find a DFDS offer code that can get you 15% off your booking, or take advantage of one of the many special offers available. And these could get you as much as 40% off your tickets.
Is There a DFDS NHS Discount Code?
If you work for the NHS, you can find discounts of up to 40% here on our page. Or just browse the current special offers of see if there is a code available that can get you 15% off your preferred route. We also suggest that NHS and other public sector workers look at the Blue Light Card scheme as well. Membership means you'll get access to lots more NHS discounts with other companies so can it can save you a lot of money going forward.
How Can I Get DFDS Student Discount Codes?
When students use our DFDS discount codes to save big on ferry crossings, it frees up your budget for the fun times. Just take a look at the special offers and see what’s available. This company is always giving away seasonal discounts, so whatever time of year you’re travelling, there is sure to be a deal for you. And if you're on the look out for lots more student discounts, be sure to sign up with Student Beans and UniDays too. These sites are some of the best sources for UK student savings and registering can get you easier access.
How To Use Your DFDS Promo Code:
It really is as easy to save with DFDS as we claim, and our guide below proves that you can get money off in a matter of minutes when you use our codes. Be sure to watch our YouTube video providing you with more details regarding money saving on our site and subscribe to our channel to see more:
1) Choose a DFDS discount code from our list.
2) Click 'Get Code and Open Site'.
3) Press 'Click to Reveal & Copy Code' and you will be redirected to the company’s website.
4) It’s now time to select your desired journey, choosing the exact ports you want to be picked up and dropped off at as well as whether you wish to hire a car for your trip.
5) Pick the dates for ferry travel and you’ll be provided with different journey options.
6) Once you’ve decided on your journey, go to the checkout and you can paste your DFDS promo code into the 'Promotions’ box.
7) Your discount will be automatically applied so just proceed to the checkout in order to complete the transaction.
How Much Could You Save with Our Voucher Codes for DFDS?
If you want to know just how much of your holiday budget you could free up for fun day trips and meals out once you've claimed our discount, then keep reading. We’ve chosen one of the most popular routes on the DFDS site to show you how much you could save using our 15% off Dover to France DFDS coupon.
Our Chosen Trip:
Cover to Calais Return + 1 Hire Car = £130.00
Total (after 10% off discount) = £117.00
Total discount = £13
How Do I Find Out About the Latest DFDS Discount Codes?
Come to our page before booking and you'll always find the most up to date codes. We'd also recommend subscribing to their newsletter as this way you'll be one of the first to hear about new DFDS offers. You can do this by inputting your details in the box provided on their homepage.
Can I Use a DFDS Code with a Special Offer?
You can only access one promotion at a time, so if you've seen a great special offer, you won't be able to use a DFDS voucher code when taking advantage of that lower price. We suggest working out whether the offer or the DFDS code gives you the better deal and then going with the lower overall booking cost.
How Do I Get a Refund From DFDS?
The terms of your booking will depend on the route and type of ticket you have. For example, a flexible ticket can be amended without incurring extra charges. But you can find details on how to amend or cancel your booking on their Reservations page. If you would like to cancel your reservation and claim a refund, then you will be subject to a cancellation fee. The amount will depend on how much notice you are giving. We'd also recommend regularly checking their Covid-19 page and see how new regulations relate to their cancellations policy.
Where Can I Find DFDS Reviews Online?
There are a number of places you can find DFDS reviews online. As well as the DFDS UK Facebook page, they also have a Trustpilot page with more than 8500 reviews. And with an Overall Great rating, most of them are very glowing indeed! Happy customers have commented on how good their customer service is, especially when having to amend travel arrangements or claim refunds, and there is also praise for how reliable and prompt their departures are. There are also reviews on Tripadvisor, but these profiles are arranged by individual routes and ports. So for example, here you can find reviews for their Newhaven to Dieppe crossing, which one happy customer describes as very efficient and much better value than their main competitor.
Top 10 Reasons to Book with DFDS
- You have a good choice of cross-Channel routes with arrivals at Calais, Dunkirk and Dieppe
- Their flexible tickets let you alter your plans at no extra cost
- Their fantastic DFDS deals can get you as much as 40% off the standard rates
- You can book mini cruise packages with onboard accommodation
- You can collect Nectar points when you book with DFDS
- You can arrange travel extras like insurance and onboard activities at the same time
- Consult their online travel guides for extra inspiration
- Get extra help with booking group travel
- Get the latest travel updates via their app
- Enjoy their excellent onboard facilities such as restaurants, free wifi and kids' entertainment
Use One of Our Codes and Help Raise Money for Charity
Did you know here at My Favourite Voucher Codes, we give 20% of our profits to a different charity every month? And if you use one of the DFDS voucher codes or deals on this page, then go on to book a ticket with DFDS, you'll be contributing to this. No extra donation required! Simply by saving, you'll be helping a great cause.
How to Contact DFDS
It’s normal to have plenty of questions before you book your ferry trip or holiday. But luckily this operator is more than happy to answer them. They have different helplines and email addresses depending on what route you are travelling, (please see their help page for further details), but for all group enquiries, you can always call them on 0871 522 9933 or email email@example.com.
Need to Know Guide to Booking with DFDS
How to Plan Your Trip - A good starting point is to decide what kind of trip or holiday you'd like. If all you need is a straightforward ferry crossing reservation, then to begin with, see what offers or codes are available for your preferred route. Or perhaps you could be persuaded to opt for an alternative route if the price is better. But if you are planning on a holiday or short break, DFDS has a number of options on their site. Their mini cruise packages include onboard accommodation or hotel stays combined with ferry travel and give you the chance to explore Amsterdam. Or if you want a longer getaway, explore their Holidays page for lots of great ideas. They've got cycling holiday deals for couples or special prices for families booking tickets for Disneyland Paris or Center Parcs along with ferry crossings. And don't forget, you can also arrange your travel insurance on their site too.
What is a Mini Cruise? - It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a short break that can either involve onboard accommodation for 2 nights, or can be combined with a hotel stay. As an example, their Amsterdam Mini Cruise includes up to 5 hours exploring Amsterdam and amazing onboard cuisine. Plus, there is also the option to upgrade to a De Luxe cabin, or book a pet friendly cabin. And their ferries have shopping, bars, cinema and live performances to keep you entertained on the way. So as you can see, it is just like taking a cruise. But shorter!
Booking Group Travel - Booking a ferry is an ideal option if you are travelling as a group. Once you board, you have the freedom and space to explore rather than being stuck in cramped conditions. And it often proves much cheaper than alternatives too. If you're looking at arranging a group trip in the future, DFDS has a dedicated group travel service that can help you every step of the way. You can find more info on their Group Travel page as well as details of their current group travel offers.
Find the Latest Travel Updates - In the current uncertain climate, it's important that we have access to all the most up to date travel information, whether we're planning a holiday or have already booked one. On the DFDS site, their Travel Updates page, which has sections covering Covid-19 FAQs and updates along with live port information. And if you've already made a reservation with them, you might also want to consider downloading the DFDS app too. This gives you easier access to live departure and arrival info as well as route maps, directions to terminals, your own itinerary and online boarding pass.
Conclusion: Pros and Cons of Booking with DFDS
This operator has a great choice of options no matter what sort of trip you are planning. Whether it’s a day trip across the Channel or a family holiday to Disneyland Paris, they can help you plan an affordable break. And as you can see from the reviews, DFDS is also praised for its customer service and efficiency as well, two very important factors when booking any sort of travel. Of course, ferry crossings aren't for everyone and there are definitely much faster ways of getting to and from your destination. But they still represent great value for money and can be an exciting way to travel for younger kids. So if you're looking for an affordable reservation or holiday, this company certainly has the credentials and the prices.